The Boston Celtics are the hottest team in the NBA, as they could be setting their sights on the top seed.
Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are showing that they are one of the league’s best duos, but it is Grant “Batman” Williams who is bringing together the team off the court.
He has given every Celtic a nickname as a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
Here are all of the superheroes that Williams decided to match with his current teammates:
Here’s the entire list of Marvel Nicknames that Grant Williams has given to his teammates: pic.twitter.com/2iaJW9IMSQ
— Taylor Snow (@taylorcsnow) March 22, 2022
The Celtics are seemingly unstoppable, and their team chemistry is at 100 percent on and off the court.
Since Williams stopped Nikola “The Joker” Jokić to help sweep the Denver Nuggets on March 20, the Celtics forward decided to give himself the Batman moniker in the DC universe.
He is also Spider-Man, and Williams does show it off with his on-court spider-sense of cutting to the hoop and getting open in the corner.
Everyone is now getting in on the fun, as Al Horford came over to the postgame interview and had some fun with “Batman” Williams:
“IS THIS BATMAN!?” @Al_Horford had to see it for his self 🤣 pic.twitter.com/dMOaKKDJIY
— Celtics on NBC Sports Boston (@NBCSCeltics) March 22, 2022
The Road Ahead For The MCU Celtics
The Celtics have won four straight games and nine of their last 10 games.
Also, they are 22-4 in 2022.
Next, Boston hosts Utah and Minnesota with two of the league’s best starting lineups.
During the stretch run of the season, let us take a look at the Celtics and how they are looking for the remainder of the season, which ends for Boston on April 10:
- Marcus Smart (Incredible Hulk): His superhuman strength has him fighting for Defensive Player of the Year votes. Smart is the leader of Boston’s top-notch defense.
- Al Horford (Captain America): Although the Celtics do not have a captain, Horford would be the captain of this squad as the elder statesman.
- Jaylen Brown (Black Panther): Brown, who possesses the power of knowledge, is the genius of the Celtics. He has fit perfectly in the No. 2 role for Boston this season.
Each of these three players will be extremely important to the Celtics’ success moving forward in addition to the following:
- Derrick White (Iron Man): White was not so happy to hear that he was given the superhero that died in the movies. However, it is a good way to describe White’s strong durability, agility, and reflexes.
- Rob Williams (Thor): As the team’s stopper on the inside, Williams is perfectly described as Thor. He may fight for the Defensive Player of the Year, too.
- Jayson Tatum (Vision): Here we have the lesser-known Avengers superhero Vision. Just like Tatum, Vision has a strong set of skills — he has the ability to fly and regenerate along with having impressive intelligence, strength, and speed.
Finally, Williams’ MCU fit for head coach Ime Udoka is Nick Fury, who is a strategist and has his expertise in special operations.
Udoka has turned the Celtics into one of the league’s best teams, and Boston is primed for a title run.
Can Fury and the Marvel superheroes have their own “Endgame” in Boston in 2022?
We will have to see.